VCs in CEE – Who’s next?
International VC event – 6th September 2018, Budapest
- Are you building a startup and you are aspiring to become a regional or even global key player?
- Are you fundraising and want to meet international VCs?
- Or, are you simply interested in the investment and startup world of the CEE region?
If so, this event is for you!
We introduce you tomorrow’s industry scene, new international VCs willing to invest in CEE and Hungary.
VCs and entrepreneurs will share their experience, case studies, success stories, and discuss the challenges of global market entry and how to grow beyond CEE – successfully.
First in time, a “new wave” of international VCs will be on stage who have not yet invested in CEE so far – but all of them are interested in the region.
If you are a startup, looking for an investor, you also have the opportunity to upload and share your max. 5-10 pages pitch decks with our investor guests. If any (or more) of them are interested, you will have a chance of a quick, initial face-2-face meeting with them during the event.
Date, time, venue
- Date: 6 September 2018
- Time: from 1.45 PM to 9 PM
- Seminar session: from 1.45 PM to 4.30 PM (registration at 1.45 PM)
- Main stage session: from 5 PM to 9 PM (registration from 4.30 PM)
- Venue: Fogasház Ruin Bar, 1073 Budapest, Akácfa u. 49-51.
- Official language: English
Registration to the SEMINAR SESSION
Seminar session, open discussion
Experiences of international investors:
- Guillaume Fournier – Credo Ventures – associate
- Marcin Hejka – OTB Ventures – co-founder, general partner
- Challenges of entering global market: when and how to do that? Role of the founders
- Fundraising beyond CEE: when do you have a real chance at a global / US investor?
- What can we learn from CEE unicorn UIPath?
Case study, Talk-a-bot story
Robots supercharged: a business story with Microsoft cosell
Zoltán Bikádi – Talk-a-bot – business development director
Specialities of international transactions
What you wouldn’t imagine but might be important
- Ákos Fehérváry – Baker&McKenzie – partner
- András Molnár – PortfoLion – CEO
Moderated by Balázs Tahy, private equity professional, former VP of Riverside Europe.
Hiventures: lessons learned
First-hand experience of 100+ startup deals, typical challenges of a Hungarian startup during their growth journey.
László Hradszki – Hiventures – member of the board of directors
Q&A, networking until the main stage session starts (17.00)
Registration to MAIN STAGE SESSION
Levente Zsembery – X-Ventures – CEO, chairman of HVCA
Founders’ stories: how we raised funding from international investors?
First-hand experience from entrepreneurs and their view on VC world
- Dávid Salamon – CloudStorm – founder, CEO
- Márk Félegyházi – Avatao.com – founder, CEO
Moderated by president of HunBan Antal Károlyi
From CEE to global: the essence of really making it
Lessons from dozens of successful VC investments
Michael Schuster – Speedinvest – co-founder, managing partner
Break, networking, snacks served
The new wave of VCs on stage
- What is their investment focus? Stage, industry?
- What makes CEE startups / scaleups special?
- Why should the entrepreneurs choose them?
- What do they think is the real challenge for CEE teams when entering international markets?
We welcome on stage fantastic investors bringing hundreds of million EURs to our region:
- Marcin Hejka – OTB Ventures – co-founder, general partner
- Konrad Sowa – Deutsche Telekom hub:raum Fund – investment manager
- Maciej Balsewicz – bValue – CEO, managing partner
- Enis Hulli (video) – 500 Startups – venture partner
- Aaron Michelin – FinestLove / Corporatum – chairman, managing director
- Zoltán Hopka – EBRD Venture Capital – principal
- Zoltán Várdy – serial entrepreneur, angel investor (HunBan)
- Lénárd Horgos – partner of Absolvo, board member of HVCA
Meet our VCs – about the investors
OTB Ventures is a newly established VC fund in CEE, investing in technology companies to scale their businesses globally while keeping strong focus on technology advancement. The firm is co-founded and endorsed by Marcin Hejka, the ex VP of Intel Capital for 18 years (!). Enormous experience, priceless learnings and a clear intention to invest in CEE…
Credo Ventures is one of the most active early stage VC funds in CEE with 9+ years investment track record and 43 closed deals. The VC firm focuses mainly on IT, internet and health industries, supporting companies in their growth projects, incl. expansion beyond CEE and to the U.S. / global market. Among their most recent investments you can find e.g. Oradian, productboard and the CEE unicorn UIPath.
Hub:raum, the tech incubator of the leading European telco company Deutsche Telekom, has built a portfolio of 20+ investments and an ecosystem of about 200 startups. Hub:raum runs programs in key areas of AI, Smart Home, IoT and Big Data, offers seed investments and access to DT’s future technology and infrastructure.
Speedinvest is one of the most successful European VCs for tech startups with fantastic exit track record and also extensive global network, incl. a direct access to the Silicon Valley as well. The company hands-on collaborates with entrepreneurs, leveraging their entrepreneurial know-how, vast networks and years of operational experience which is vital to build a successful business.
bValue is an angel VC fund with a large network of angels & investors founded / co-founded global businesses worth in total EUR 1bn+. More than 2000 projects went through their incubator and angel networks which gives them a strong base of experience. They are currently focussing on Poland and Ukraine but actively looking for targets in CEE.
FinestLove VC / Corporatum are Finnish private funds with strong focus on technology startups able to enter Asia or global markets, managed by ex VP of Nokia Ventures Timo Teimonen, the „Mightly Eagle” of Angry Birds / Rovio, Peter Vesterbacka and Aaron Michelin who founded Enersense making IPO on Nasdaq First North.
500 Startups is one of the most active early stage VCs in the world with an HQ in the heart of the Silicon Valley, has invested into 2000+ companies in 60+ countries worldwide.
Fees, payment details, registration to the main stage session
- Register before 24th August to secure your Early Bird ticket for only HUF 3,500.
- Tickets not registered until 24th August will be sold at the entrance for HUF 7,000, only in case if there are free seats available.
- Collect your ticket & pay your fee at the entrance by telling your registration details. Entrance fee to be paid in cash.
- Tickets for organizing and cooperating Partners for HUF 3,500. Please indicate your entitlement on the registration sheet.
In case of any questions please contact Ms. Zsuzsanna Szlávy via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Meet you there,
The Organizer team