VCs in CEE – The scaleup session
26th March 2019, Budapest
- Are you building a startup / scaleup and you are aspiring to become a regional or even global key player?
- Are you fundraising and want to meet international VCs?
- Or, are you simply interested in the investment and startup world of the CEE region?
If so, this event is for you!
VCs and entrepreneurs will share their experience, case studies, success stories, and discuss the challenges of global market entry and how to scale and grow beyond CEE – successfully.
We introduce again “new wave” of international VCs interested in the region.
If you are a startup, looking for an investor, you will also have the opportunity to send us and have shared your max. 5-10 pages pitch decks with our investor guests. If any (or more) of them are interested, you will have a chance of a quick, initial face-2-face meeting with them during the event.
Are you interested in pitchdeck sharing?
Please indicate your intention during the registration phase and you will be contacted by our colleague with the next steps right after your ticket purchase has been completed and confirmed. Thank you!
Date, time, venue
- Date: 26 March 2019
- Time: from 2.00 PM to 9.30 PM
- On-site registration: from 1.30 PM
- Venue: Akvárium Klub
- Address: H-1051 Budapest, Erzsébet tér 12.
- Official language: English
Speakers and topics, program:
Why scaling is an issue?
Welcome words, opening speech
Enis Hulli – partner, 500 Startups
Scaling the team: when / who to hire for quick growth. Challenges of multinational offices, problems faced during scaling – what one can learn of CEE / Eastern European companies entering the global market. With Q&A.
Moderated by: Csaba Kákosy – managing partner, CEO, Day One Capital
László Szabó – co-founder, head of growth, Growww Digital
How and when can digital marketing add real value to international growth?
Filip Maksymilian Bloch – CEO, co-founder, Hotailors.com
Case study: how to tackle the US market and leverage CEE roots? Startup from Warsaw to San Francisco.
Marcel van der Heijden – partner, Speedinvest
Enterprise software US market: How do you access to the largest market, do’s and don’ts at your sales strategy. What Speedinvest’s CEE portfolio companies experienced during US market development.
István Lám – CEO, founder, Tresorit
Case study: how we grow to 17k customers, the adventure of setting up sales / marketing engine and processes.
Guillaume Fournier – associate, Credo Ventures
Henri Tilloy – associate, Partech Partners
Pál Szabó – partner, Bird & Bird Law Firm
Local and international VC syndicate: how to manage it efficiently? When should you start it? How to make it smoother?
Break, networking, snacks served
András Molnár – CEO, PortfoLion VC
Zoltán Hopka – principal, EBRD VC
Investor perspective about scaling:
- stories from CEE to global – Docplanner, Trendyol, Trafi
- growth via acquisitions? – Szallas.hu, Starschema stories
Moderated by: Antal Károly – president, HunBan
Richárd Basa – CEO, co-founder, Oriana International
Scaling through partnerships – pros and cons
VC introduction and fire side chat:
- Jacek Lubinski – manager, Market One Capital
- Henri Tilloy – associate, Partech Partners
- Cosmin Ochisor – partner, GapMinder VC
- Martin Olczyk – managing director, TechStars
Registration and ticket purchase
- Early Bird tickets are availabe for HUF 12,000 until 28 February 2019 (incl.)
- Limited nr. of promo tickets are availabe from 1 March 2019 for HUF 18,000
- Tickets to be paid in advance by credit card during the official registration process.
- Ticket prices include VAT.
- For more ticket options, group and special offers, please visit the ticket purchase landing page!
Organized in partnership with:
in cooperation with:
See you soon,
The Organizer team