Scaling internationally from CEE
First-hand experience from 500 Startups
We will proudly host Enis Hulli, one of the partners responsible for the CEE investments from the most active global early stage VC firm 500 Startups. Enis is going to share his first-hand experience based on CEE / SEE companies entering the global market and give valuable advice to CEE startups aspiring to become an international / global success story.
Why should you join this meetup?
If you are building a startup / scaleup and you want to become an international or even global player, you need to face a bunch of tough challenges leaving the „comfort zone” of the CEE region. If you’d like to raise capital to support your scaling, you have no other choice than thinking in global outreach and entering international markets to meet your VC’s expectations on massive growth.
At our next Equity Thursday meetup we will cover the main challenges of CEE startup ecosystem in scaling internationally, beyond the region or even in the U.S.
We will cover the following questions:
- Trend / status of early stage investments in CEE in the last 1-2 years
- How international / US VCs look on CEE startups
- Scaling: when is the right time for take-off?
- What are the pressing sales and marketing challenges?
- How to scale yourself, your business, your team? How to make it successfully?
- How and who to hire for quick scaling?
- Major risks of entering new and competitive markets
- What makes a business appealing to international / US investor (for a next round)?
Talks will be moderated by Zoltán Györkő, member of HunBan, ex-founder and CEO of BalaBit and Lénárd Horgos, partner of Absolvo.
About 500 Startups:
500 Startups has a strong technology focus, managing over USD 600M in committed capital across their global and regional funds. HQd in Silicon Valley, invested in 2,400+ companies or 5,000+ entrepreneurs in 75+ countries across 5 continents, made 250+ exits and has brought up several unicorns and centaurs like Udemy, GitLab, Grab, Canva, etc.
They have a dedicated regional fund to support companies in CEE / Turkey to scale globally, and they are actively seeking targets to invest in the region.
Among their portfolio companies from the region you can find e.g. Avatao.com (Hungary), AngelCam (Czech Republic), Buildcon (Serbia), Cenos (Latvia), Claim Compass (Bulgaria), Growbots (Poland), Toshl (Slovenia) and WhoAPI (Croatia).
About the Agenda:
- Event will run via Zoom. Access link to the event becomes visible once you confirm your RSVP YES
- Arrival from 4.45 to 5 PM to the waiting room, our host will admit you individually
- Event start at 5 PM
- Quick introductions of 500 Startups, discussion about the topics
- Q&A until 6.30 PM
The event is free of charge but registration required.
More details, information, registration: Equity Thursday meetup – Scaling internationally from CEE – 500 Startups