German VC ecosystem
and preparation for a Series A round
How to prepare for a successful Series A round?
Perception of CEE startups in Germany and insights from the German VC / startup ecosystem
In CEE with the heavily (mainly EU and government) funded local VC funds, you can easily get seed investments with even less impressive results and “safe” ambitions at relatively high valuation. Of course, raising a next round (esp. with an international investor) may be hard after such way of funding…
How to get prepared for a REAL Series A round from an international VC? What are the necessary steps to close a successful deal? Statistics also show that raising from a local or a CEE VC is much more likely than from German VCs. Why so? What are the differences and similarities, what they do / think / consider / judge differently? What are the perceptions of CEE startups in Germany?
We invited both sides of a fundraising story, VC and founder, to find out both perspectives, discover personal experience and give a deep insight about the necessary steps to consider and take, the challenges you must face to scale to the next level by raising Series A.
Some key points we will surely touch with our guest speakers via real life examples:
- Time horizon
- Challenges of preparation
- Perception of CEE startups among German VCs – differences, advantages, room to improve
….. plus anything you are interested in or you need a clear picture, a straight-to-the point answer about.
We will proudly host:
- investment manager Ines Streimelweger from Creandum, a leading European VC firm with offices in Berlin, Stockholm and San Francisco, with investments like Shapr3D or Spotify (exited)
- associate Konstantin Gnyp from Runa Capital, a global tech-focused VC firm built by serial entrepreneurs, managing USD 420M+ in 3 funds, HQd in Silicon Valley, with offices in Berlin, Moscow, London and Paris
- co-founder, strategy director Gyula Csitári from Logiscool, an international leader in coding education for kids and teens, recently raised 3.5M EUR investment from Euroventures, one of the leading VC/PE firms in the CEE region
About the Agenda:
- Event will run via Zoom. Access link to the event becomes visible once you confirm your RSVP YES
- Arrival from 5.00 to 5.15 PM to the waiting room, our host will admit you individually
- Event start at 5.15 PM
- Quick introductions of VCs, discussion about the topics
- Founder perspective, challenges & learnings of preparation
- Q&A until 6.45 PM
The event is free of charge but registration required.
More details, information, registration: Equity Thursday meetup – German VC ecosystem and preparation for a Series A round
Key takeaways – videos:
Logiscool: Preparing business plan for a Series A round
Raising a Series A round without a well-prepared business plan – let’s put it like that – is a mission impossible. What did Logiscool experience about that preparation before their 3.5M EUR Series A round from Euroventures? How long did it take? How do they see its benefit for themselves (beyond getting one step closer to a successful deal closing of course :))?