Beyond early stage
Series B/C rounds, debt financing to support international scaling
What you need to know about raising EUR 20-50M – How to prepare successfully?
At our previous meetups we’ve covered the main challenges and learnings of getting prepared for different early stage investment rounds from both local and international investors, from angel investment via seed / late seed to Series A. This time we „grow further” and provide an in-depth insight about the later stage opportunities provided mainly by international investors, Series B/C rounds and other investment approaches such as debt financing to raise capital to further support international scaling.
We invited experienced international investors with immense track records in later stage investments to find out their perspectives and practices and provide a deep insight about the necessary steps, the challenges to become “ready and go for it”.
What we will touch for sure:
- Preparation for a Series B/C round from international VCs, the necessary steps to close a successful deal
- When is a company „ready”? Metrics, traction, revenue, growth rate, international footprint, market potential, organization, etc. – what criteria and KPIs you need to meet?
- Typical process of a Series B/C investment – differences vs. earlier stages, time horizon, evaluation of target companies, different(ly weighted) focuses, decision making, etc. Difficulties during such fundraising processes
- Role of the current investors on board. Local vs. international investors, their reputation, etc. Does it make sense to choose “the right investor”?
- Perception of the CEE startups / scaleups among later stage investors – what is our USP, what room for improvement they see?
- Are there any steps / decisions to take, mindset to build long before, already in early phases?
- Debt financing – what is it and who is it for? Key differences vs. VC investments. When can it be an / only alternative to raise capital?
….. plus anything you are interested in, you can fully shape the conversation by your questions!
We will proudly host:
Vice president Chris Church from Kreos Capital, Europe’s leading growth debt provider for high-growth companies mainly in Europe and Israel, with massive track record of 21 years of experience via 570+ investments in 16 countries, and a total EUR 2.6 billion under management in 6 funds.
Investment director Karol Szubstarski from OTB Ventures, a leading VC firm that pursues high-growth opportunities that combine unique, deep tech component, global potential and leverage CEE entrepreneurial & engineering talent. OTB Ventures has raised a record-sized fund of around USD 110 million which is notably one of the largest funds in the CEE region.
About the Agenda:
- Event will run via Zoom. Access link to the event becomes visible once you confirm your RSVP YES
- Arrival from 5.15 to 5.30 PM to the waiting room, our host will admit you individually
- Event start at 5.30 PM
- Quick introductions of VCs, discussion about the topics
- Q&A until 7.00 PM
The event is free of charge but registration required.
More details, information, registration: Equity Thursday meetup – Beyond early stage: Series B/C rounds, debt financing to support international scaling